Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Up on the Roof



HERE ARE a couple of rooftop views from the building where I work. We had lunch on the roof yesterday; chicken shwarma ($3) and a grapefruit (2o cents) for me. It's quite nice up there; a fine breeze and better air than on the ground, 9 floors below. One of the photos is of the train station; I haven't yet seen a train coming or going.

(Insert segue here.)

OK, I can't refrain from FRIs (fruit-related issues) any longer.

I'll make it brief, but here's the thing: If a grapefruit is 20 cents, shouldn't a banana be MUCH less expensive. I got two for about 15 cents each yesterday (150 Cf). Now that's a fairly good price, though not good enough to make me want to go flip 'em down the block. But my grapefruit was only 100 Cf. Seems like the banana market skews high. Unfortunate. I might have to switch to citrus. Will keep you posted.


1 comment:

The Klausner's said...

You've attained new heights in Kin and blogging--great videos. See if you find some late night cat. Is Primus still the quaff of the people?
Looking for you in the dugout.
Jeff